Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy Week (part 3 of 4)

Today I woke up and went to the bathroom (yes, it was mine >D), and my father called me. I knew it wasn't going to be something good. Starting the day talking to my father is never a good option.

I told him i needed to brush my teeth and then he came to meet me. He told me I had to drink a glass of orange juice first thing in the morning from now on so that I'm prepared for the winter, and that I could prepare it the night before O_o... Yes it was as random and out of nowhere as it is written here. I understand he was being caring and all but if I actually decided to tell him the truth:

- You have to drink orange (or any other fruit with vitamin C) juice while eating some fibers or proteins, so you won't lose the glucose in blood and cause an adverse effect. If drank alone, part of the glucose will become fat >.> and the other will circulate in the bloodstream, bad for people with glicemia.

- The orange juice has to be drank within 20 mins after squeezed. Else it loses all the vitamins and it's pointless. Squeezing it the night before? Forget it XD

After that, he told me how much it helped him with his breathing issues and that the orange juice cured what the doctors couldn't. What can I say? The mind’s power and placebo can cure it all o_o.

My father is so closed-minded that if he believes in something (whether true or not), that becomes a fact for him. In this case, he either made the orange thing become true for his body or his lung problems weren't as serious as he pictured them before :P

No comments:

Post a Comment